Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Change Can Be Good



Change, when it comes to decorating our personal spaces, can be good.

We cannot always opt to buy new furniture or fancy accessories, so we can switch decor with items we already have.

 


Recently, after finding an eastern European tablecloth for pennies at a Polish church yard sale, it was time to change some of the apartment decor.

Off the buffet came the crystal candle holders, golden birds, and a few other items.



They all got surrounded by bubble wrap and placed in a shopping bag for safekeeping. 

Out came the "matryoshka", or Russian nesting dolls.

The one with the little figures in front of her skirt is actually a music box, too, and the little "matryoshka" move around in a circle. 

 

They are utterly enchanting!

These figures are so dear to the heart. 

They are bright, colorful, and filled with whimsy. 

Almost all shown in this post came from thrift shops.

Rearranging them on the top of the polished buffet actually became fun.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE DECOR IN YOUR OWN SPACE?

 

9 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Like you, Susan, I enjoy switching the décor in my home, whether they're pictures, paintings, lamps, vases, plants, or various objet d'art. Your lovely stacking dolls must be a real boost for your spirits - they are so bright and colourful!

Debby said...

I always switch things up. I label my containers by the season. Although as I get older I’ve been know to totally skip a season. It’s fun whichever way.
I love your nester dolls. Very pretty.

Red Rose Alley said...

Those are darling, Susan, and I remember seeing them, but I've never seen the music box one. That is the most delightful thing. I love items from different countries, and these Russian dolls are so cute. Their hand painted faces are a work of art. I've seen these wooden dolls at the home store in town, and they can be pricey, so to have found them at the thrift store is a big plus.

**I usually change decor whenever a new season starts or holidays come around. Isn't it fun to decorate?

~Sheri

Shug said...

Susan...your nesting dolls are adorable. I have always wanted some to these and after seeing yours out on display, I'm going to be on the lookout for some. I change my decor at every season and I am notorious for rearranging my furniture. You have inspired me to begin changing a few things.

Diane Stetson said...

Love your nesting dolls. I have a set from Poland that I got when I visited there. Very colorful. But I’d love a music box like yours. Happy decorating!

Susan said...

Hi Brenda....Yes, my little "matryoshka" definitely boost my spirit. So do visits and comments from you! Come visit anytime.

Susan said...

Hello dear Sheri...Oh yes, as you know, I love to decorate and also love shopping in thrift shops! You are a kind and faithful blog peeps and I love when you stop by.

Susan said...

Hi Shug...I am so glad I inspired you to begin changing a few things. Also, happy you will be on the lookout for some sweet "matryoshka." They will add greatly to your decor because they are so adorable, like you!

Susan said...

Thanks for your visits and comments, Diane. So glad you got to go to Poland!

Related Posts with Thumbnails