Wednesday, March 4, 2020

White Roses Touch the Heart



A stunning bouquet of white roses sits regally in the center of the kitchen table.


They have been cut down to fit exquisitely in a round, glass vase with dainty little feet.

The roses were gifts from friends to help hubs and me celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.


Just looking at them fills my heart with immense joy and peace.

We truly need to savor every second of such intense beauty.

Life can change in the snap of the fingers.


Nothing stays the same for long.

Look at the people in Tennessee who went to sleep, never knowing what devastation would hit in the middle of the night.

Lives were lost, houses destroyed, and cars and trucks tossed around like toys. 


Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who must re-build their lives during this terrible destruction.

Today, may each moment become precious and never, ever be taken for granted.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH PERSONAL TRAGEDY?




7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

The white roses were beautiful.
The only answer I have is prayer.

SImple and Serene Living said...

It makes me so sad to see lives destroyed like that. You are right. We never know what lies ahead and should be thankful for each day that we have. Your roses are beautiful. xo Laura

diane stetson said...

I have purple roses still looking beautiful that were sent to my sister for Valentine's day...they are gorgeous. Your white ones are lovely also. I love roses and any flowers.
Prayer is the only way to deal with tragedy...prayer and trust in the LORD.

Linda O'Connell said...

Such a tragedy; it breaks my heart. Your roses are so pretty.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Anniversary, Susan. 45 years is very special, indeed. The white roses from friends are so pretty, and you always have the most charming vases to put your flowers in. I noticed all the blue in your kitchen too. I didn't know that you had blue, and I also have blue in my kitchen, although sometimes I want to change it to red.

You're right, white roses touch the heart. So sad about the people in Tennessee.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Belated anniversary wishes to you and your hubby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails