Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Stars with Meaning


A very dear and special friend makes five-pointed stars out of paper and hangs them on strings.



I was given these lovely gifts-from-the-heart twice.



One string hangs from the window panes of the kitchen door.



My dear friend told me the five points each star signifies the five happinesses:

1) Prosperity
2) Longevity, 
3) Propriety
4) Goodness
5) Health





I added a couple of my favorite hearts to the door decor.

The resulting decorations are quite lovely and very meaningful to me.


  They guarantee smiles every single time I look out that window!


IS THERE ANYTHING IN YOUR OWN SPACE THAT GUARANTEES YOU WILL SMILE WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a creative garland of stars your friend made, Susan. And the meaning behind them is special. The purple one is lovely. It's always a joy to see the treasures around your house that mean so much to you.

~Sheri

*I know how much you love dolls, and just thought I'd let you know I shared my heritage dolls on my post today. ; )

Linda O'Connell said...

I bought purple flowers Saturday and smile every time I peek at them. Your stars are meaningful.

Chatty Crone said...

Those stars have to remind you constantly of joy. I bet your house is gorgeous to be in Susan.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Those little star garlands are so cute. And what a pretty collection of hearts. Lovely that you can display them and enjoy any time you want.

I have a couple of rolls of spring green and pink ribbons in a little bowl on my desk. I had taken them out for a photo shoot and was going to put them back in the drawer, but I loved how they create a pretty vignette on the side of my desk with their tales streaming in a curl. So there they stay.

Wishing you a beautiful week, Susan.
Brenda xox

diane stetson said...

Today I looked out my dining room window to see five beautiful yellow mini roses in bloom planted by my sister a few years ago when she was visiting me. Just love looking at them in the bright sunshine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails