Saturday, May 16, 2020

A Cool Treat



During a "keep safe" mini-excursion, one day this week, hubs and I got chocolate and maple ice cream comes from masked and gloved teenagers outside an ice cream shop. 


 Good job to the shop owner on keeping customers who wanted a sweet  treat, safe and sound. 

 There was no going inside the building. Customers lined-up in their cars in three lines in the parking lot.

The transaction of ordering and receiving the cones was fast and organized.

We  bought the cones and drove a little way down the street to a nearby lake.

We then stripped off our own masks and munched on the cool confections while parked near the water.

The waves were choppy but sun shining down looked like more than eight million diamonds sprinkled on the lake's surface.


We felt so grateful to be alive and corona-virus-free.

Also, we were grateful to have the privilege of seeing such incredulous natural beauty while eating our yummy ice cream cones.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR ICE-CREAM?

4 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

It truly is these small moments that make us appreciate what we have.

ellen said...

What a perfect way to spend an afternoon. The lake is beautiful. And what a delicious way to support a small business!

Chatty Crone said...

Wow did that ice cream look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good - lol. I think I need one and I need to get out to a lake! Chocolate.

diane stetson said...

I love maple walnut but can't get it here so I get mint chocolate chip..That is my favorite now. I have a lake nearby but it is by membership only and I am a member but it is closed to the public at this time....boo hoo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails