Saturday, May 9, 2020

Poisonous Blooms

Stopping at a plant nursery is always delightful.

It's so much fun to look at all the gorgeous, flowering plants.

We stopped at one to pick up some Mother's Day gifts.

Among the many gorgeous flowers seen were some deep, popping purple ones. 


The person on duty told me they were cineraria.

Now honestly, that name never crossed my plant-loving mind in the past.

Without a pen and paper on my person, I committed it to memory by remembering the word "sin."


I bought two really stunningly beautiful plants, one for my daughter and one for me.

Once home, I looked up cineraria and was quite dismayed.

It said they are poisonous to children and pets. 

 Oh  NO!  That was most dreadful news.

It's unsure whether my daughter will want hers since she has little kids.  

I put mine safely up on a table in my home office but I'm afraid to touch it. 

Such is life in the plant world (and in life, itself, when it comes to sin. ha ha)

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CINERARIAS?

4 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I'm not familiar with them. Sure are pretty, but then some of the prettiest things are the most poisonous. xo Laura

diane stetson said...

Never heard of them. Sure are pretty though.

Chatty Crone said...

They are just beautiful - how can something so beautiful be bad? I did look at the word - cineraria - isn't there a chemical in candles similar to that name - that you light up to keep bugs away? I don't know. They are pretty tho.

Linda O'Connell said...

Maybe they will be a repellent outdoors? Sure are pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails