Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day

                                                                                       Our Blessed Lady of Guadalupe

Happy Mother's Day!

This post contains a wish for mothers of all kinds, everywhere, to have as good a day as possible.

It holds especially blog peeps in highest esteem on this special day, whether you are a mother or mother figure to others.

Considering the world is hurting right now,  being in the middle of a pandemic, everything normal for this day has changed.

There will be no dinner out or hugs and kisses from adult children or grands.


It is a kind of sad Mother's Day, just as it was a sad Easter, a few weeks ago


Still, my heart is filled with gratitude for my own beloved late Mom who taught me so much and loved me unconditionally. 

I am indebted to her for life.

Also, I am grateful for all the women who have enriched my life in one way or another, along the way.

Where would I be without them and without all the lessons they taught me?

So, on this day, I wish mothers everywhere, a blessed and peaceful Mother's Day.



WHAT WAS ONE OF YOUR MOTHER'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS TO YOU?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

SHE LOVED ME UNCONDITIONALLY - DIDN'T SEE IT SO MUCH THEN - BUT I SURE DO NOW!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - COVID 19 STYLE - WHAT EVER WAY IT IS.
LOVE, SANDIE♥

Linda O'Connell said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too. We mothers mother more than our own. You are a ray of sunshine.

Terra said...

My mom died at age 54, so young. She loved me unconditionally, as God loves each of us. That is so good to feel so surrounded by strong unending love.

Joyful said...

Lovely post and tribute to mothers and mother figures everywhere. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too. xx

Red Rose Alley said...

I smiled when I saw dear Mother Mary on your Mother's Day post. Susan, that is the most enchanting vintage picture, I love that. Happy belated Mother's Day to you.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails