Friday, May 8, 2020

(NO) Yard Sale Blues

                                                                   Creamer and Sugar Bowl Were Yard Sale Purchases

This is the time of year when people usually start having yard sales.

There are so many wonderful bargains to be found.

This standing lamp in our living room once had a $5 price tag on it at a yard sale.

  I asked the owner if she'd accept $3 and she did!  It's in perfect condition, is heavy, and has made a nice addition to our home.

If someone went room-to-room in our house, they'd find that almost everything here was thrifted.

It doesn't look like a rag tag house, though.  Luckily, I have a pretty good eye for good quality things.


Many yard sale items can be found in the back yard, too.

For instance, his wrought iron table and chairs set was a yard sale purchase.  It was $20 for the set. That day I had a total of $16 on  me and the man managing the sale accepted it! 


The lovely lady below, found near the fountain, was an estate sale purchase.


She comes out every spring to greet the flowers!

This year, of course, there probably will be no spring yard sales. 

Everyone is just trying to survive as best they can.

It's true that I really miss estate and yard sales as well as thrift store shopping.

WHAT DO YOU MISS THE MOST DURING STAY-AT-HOME MANDATE?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Swimming at the rec center pool with aqua class at the rec center. It's been closed for over a month and no sign of reopening anytime soon. Also attending church on Sunday and singing with the choir....going to emeritus classes at the local senior center and many more things. Can't wait for life to get back to anything normal.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Hugging my family is what I miss most, but I definitely miss thrifting. xo Laura

Chatty Crone said...

This is odd - but my family being able to go out and do what they want to do instead of being in with me all the time - lol - sorry but true today.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You have found some great items in your searches. I do like that lamp and the garden statue--she's lovely.

What do I miss? Not being able to go into a shop to buy a book or greeting cards. I've been writing notes to people and my supply is depleting. Orders online can now take several weeks till they ship it, even with Prime. I didn't even have a Mother's Day card for my dear mom .... so that's something I do miss.

But I'm making do. We get creative. It's okay.

Happy Friday...wishing you a lovely weekend.
Brenda xox

Linda O'Connell said...

Youa nd I would be dangerous together. We'd be gone all day Saturdays. Much of my decor is also thrifted and yard sales purchased. I miss it, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails