Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Post Easter Surprise


Like it was for everyone else, Easter was painfully different this year.


There were no hugs from grand-kids or sharing at the same table of the ham with pineapple rings and cherries.


There was no Catholic Mass at which to sing "Alleluia, the Lord Has Risen."



In a video of the Mass, however, said by the parish priest,  a sea of gorgeous flowers adorned the altar of the otherwise primarily empty church.  


The priest was accompanied by just the  deacon, the altar boy, and the organist playing in the background. 


Well, guess what?  The altar boy, who is my nephew, brought me a surprise last weekend.


They were taking all the Easter lilies off the altar and he brought one home for me! 

It was so kind of him to think of me.

It was beyond thrilling.  

Lilies are so regal and reminiscent of the Easter celebration.


Just looking at them brings great joy.

They are on the front hall table along with some faux lilacs and a statue of the Blessed Mother with a candle in front of her.


Ohhhhh, the lilies add so much beauty and evoke a spirit of happiness in these troubling times.

DO YOU LIKE LILIES?  WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful gift - your nephew remembered to bring you all an Easter Lily. That was extremely sweet. You are loved! sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

How thoughtful. And I think Lilacs are my favorite flower, because of the delightful fragrance.

diane stetson said...

Love Easter Lilies...so thoughtful a gift. I have some growing in my backyard but they have not bloomed yet. I will wait patiently for them to come up.
Enjoy them. I got two dozen tulips for Easter in various colors which I loved from my daughter. They lasted two weeks...so pretty.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a thoughtful thing for your nephew to do bringing you flowers, Susan. Lilies are a lovely flower, and we used to have yellow beds of them in our front yard. Oh, how I miss receiving Communion, but like you, am watching the Mass on tv. Such a wonderful gift from your nephew, Susan. It must have made your day. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails