Saturday, May 2, 2020

Easy Homemade White Bread


Have you tried buying yeast in a supermarket lately?
 
Good luck finding it, if you haven't.

Lucky for me, my cousin, who loves to bake, gave me a slew of it that she had in her freezer. (Great idea, Mary!) 



Guess lots of people who are in their homes are trying their hands at baking these coronavirus stay-at-home days.

In our house, homemade white bread was a treat this past week.


I looked on YouTube for recipes and found a video by, Larry, a very personable guy from Deep South Texas. (Check out his video. It was super!)

He said he got the recipe from another YouTube channel,  
@Bake with Jack

Let me tell you, that bread recipe turned out to be the best!

I love the way it rose.  While baking, it filled the house with tantalizing aromas.

It didn't look as beautiful as Larry's bread but it still came out perfectly lovely and was tasty, too.


Unfortunately, I forgot to add the salt---totally my fault as a result of trying to do too many things at the same time---- but it was still yummy.

If you are yearning to try your hand at an easy white bread recipe, give it a shot.

HAVE YOU MADE BREAD?WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND TO EAT?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I need to look on youtube for a good gluten free bread recipe.

diane stetson said...

I have never made bread at home. Gosh it looks delicious. I can almost smell and taste it. Good for you. Wish I lived closer...I'd be right over.

Chatty Crone said...

I have made bread a couple of times.
Do you have a bread pan?
That looks so good I almost smelled it.
Love, sandie

Joyful said...

I make a lot of bread though not weekly. I like making white bread but sometimes make healthier bread. It's all delicious. It is impossible to find yeast here. Luckily I purchased some 2 months ago to last awhile but I'm half way through it now.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your homemade bread looks wonderful, Susan. I think I can eat just bread and butter alone for dinner. There's nothing like warm baked bread from the oven with a little dab of butter, Yummy. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails