Friday, May 1, 2020

Indian Delicacies


During these days of constant staying-at-home, cooking can get to be a real chore.

One tries to think of different menus, just to shake things up a little.

It's hard to stay hunkered down day after day after day.


However, we must eat, right?  

When my daughter called the other day and told me not to cook, it was welcome news to my ears.

She promised a surprise for supper.

Keeping social distancing, she dropped off food from our absolutely favorite Indian restaurant.

There was fragrant chicken masala, a creamed spinach dish, and fresh rice.

A small dish of olive oil, sprinkled with Lebanese zataar, for bread dipping, rounded out the delicious meal.

Could there have been any gift more loved and appreciated?  Hardly possible is my answer.


The restaurant gives very generous portions so there was even enough for lunch the following day and a side dish at supper time.

CORONA-19 be darned, the special treat hit the spot.

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

It wouldn't be my choice that is for sure but so glad you enjoyed it. I had take Chinese and it was very good. So nice not to have to cook for a change right?

Chatty Crone said...

I am with Diane - not my choice - but it is yours and it was brought to you with love!

Joyful said...

It looks very delicious. I can almost taste it :-) Glad you enjoyed a night off from cooking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails