Thursday, June 11, 2020

Fun with Window Boxes


Old houses with window boxes are very appealing. 


Some years, ours have been very well planned and lovely.

It's nice for people passing by to see something beautiful.

This year, because of circumstances beyond my control, there wasn't too much time or money for the two front window boxes.


However, they were not left with just dirt.



Some very lovely petunias, as well as some million bells, have been placed in them.


The million bells are on either side of the petunias.


The result is quite pleasing, didn't take too much time, and didn't break the bank.

DO YOU HAVE WINDOW BOXES?  IF YET, WHAT FLOWERS DO YOU USE IN THEM?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You did a great job on the window boxes. We do not have them here - but they are beautiful!

diane stetson said...

Very nice Susan...good job. NO I do not have window boxes here..I have many sliding glass doors instead.

Madame La-Bas said...

This is my first year of window boxes (really railing boxes). Because I could not browse in the garden shop, I planted nasturtium seeds, ornamental oregano (Kent Pride) and coleus. They have filled in nicely but we have had a lot of rain and not much heat. Lots of leaves, not so many blooms!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I've always loved window boxes and I think yours are just perfect this year. xo Laura

ellen said...

I love my window box. Every summer I plant petunias. They are lovely trailing over the edges. In the fall, I put a pumpkin in the middle with flowering kale and mums on each side. For the winter, I fill it up with evergreens and stick a lantern in the middle. Our house is only 3 years old. The very first thing I wanted to add was a window box. It adds so much charm! Yours is going to be beautiful!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your window boxes do look lovely with vibrant pink flowers. People must smile when they drive by and see the stunning color of those petunias at your home, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails