Sunday, June 28, 2020

Good to the Last Petal


Remember the ad for Maxwell House Coffee?  

It stated that it was "good to the last drop."

That was a good ad since I can still remember it so many years later.

Well, a bouquet of pastel pink peonies ended up being good to the last petal.

Little by little, the flowers that brought beauty, faded, and then dropped their soft, velvety petals----all the peonies but one.

A last, lovely peony remained so I put her in a cobalt blue vase in the middle of the kitchen table.

She brings beauty in her simplicity.

ARE YOU GOOD AT KEEPING THINGS SIMPLE?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Yes so simple that I have a fake flower in my living room in a vase that I've had there for years...ha ha.

Linda O'Connell said...

Little things really do mean a lot and can bring joy.

Chatty Crone said...

I want to, but sometimes I find I do not! I need to though.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurel Wood said...

Peonies were mothers favorite flower. I remember how ants loved the sweet blooms. I have moved many times in the past, and I try to simplify and downsize each time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails