Monday, June 22, 2020

Happy Father's Day to All

On this special day for fathers, may blessings flow like raindrops.

I remember my own late father with love. 

It has been 31 years since he died and I still miss him.

Fathers play such important roles in our lives. 

Their wisdom and humor stay with us forever.

Reminders of my Dad are daffodils, iris, vegetable gardens, Groucho Marx, Stewart ice cream Perky Packs, Stateline Potato Chips, westerns on tv, corn-on-the-cob piled mountain high and ready for dripping butter, birds, and many other things.  

On this day, I also like to remember my late grandfathers, uncles, and father figures. 

May they all find deep happiness in their hearts today, wherever they are, in this world or in the next. 

DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL REMEMBRANCE OF YOUR OWN FATHER?


3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

My dad died in 2003 and I still miss him too Susan.
It is hard to lose our parents.
Happy Father's Day to all of your family!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice Father's Day Post to remember the Fathers we appreciate so much. I miss my Dad too, Susan. It's so nice that you have pleasant memories of your Father and you think about him with love.

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

My dad died in 1998. He was such a loving, compassionate man who loved God and led by example. He made a long, difficult commute to Atlanta each day for forty four years for his job. He loved our church and was very active, especially in visiting and helping the sick and less fortunate. The two of us loved antique car shows and gardening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails