Monday, January 4, 2021

Peaceful Snowfall Aftermath

 It snowed last night in the early evening.

Rather than get the predicted whammy amount, only about an inch fell and stayed on the ground.

Before retiring for the night, I went out onto the back porch in the biting cold.

It was calm and peaceful, with not a wind blast anywhere.

Breathing in  the fresh, icy cold air felt so refreshing.

Listening to the quiet was soul-soothing.

Across the yard, the neighbor's white holiday lights twinkled against the snow and looked so pretty.

 Except for the cold, it would have been nice to stay out there longer but I hustled back into the warm and cozy house.

Sometimes, the very smallest, most insignificant things, mean the most. 

 

Saying goodnight to the rather ethereal snow scene turned out to be one of them.

WHAT IS SOMETHING INSIGNIFICANT IN YOUR DAY THAT MEANS A LOT TO YOU?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh definitely sitting in my chair near my sliding glass door in the bright sunshine beating down on me and reading ....SO RELAXING!

Kit said...

How lovely! I just love a snowfall. For me, watching the birds at my feeder. I feel like their caretaker. 😊 Kit

Nellie said...

There is a peace that comes following a snowfall, I think. Of course, I’m not out there responsible for clearing the roads or downed power lines. We keep the bird feeder ready, and it’s enjoyable to watch the birds come. Take care, Susan! Sending you special thoughts and hugs!

Linda O'Connell said...

Sunshine perks me up unbelievably. I also like to play a game of Boggle early before the streets and my household wake up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails