Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A Favorite Flower Is Sure To Bloom

 Have you read that suggestion to write down on a piece of paper nice things that happen to you?

Then, you are supposed to fold the paper, and place it in a jar.

Whenever you are feeling down, all you have to do is reach into the jar and read one of the notes about something nice that happened in your life!

I think it sounded like a great idea.

Most recently, the doorbell rang.

 It happened to be my daughter and she had a present for me in her hand.

It was a pink hyacinth in a small vase, filled with water.  

She bought it for me while away on a weekend excursion with her family.

I put the hyacinth, one of my absolute favorite flowers, on the white wrought iron two plate stand.

Faux roses were already adorning the plates.

Hyacinth looked regal on the top plate.

 I look forward to the day when the nubs burst into bloom.

An added bonus is that the bloom is going to be pink, my favorite color.

Now wouldn't that little gift make a great addition to a "good things that happened"  jar?

WHAT IS ONE THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU SO FAR TODAY THAT YOU WOULD WRITE DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND PUT IN A JAR?

1 comment:

diane stetson said...

I'm going to be treated to a "high tea" today at a favorite restaurant by my son and daughter in law. Looking forward to it. You pink plant will look lovely when it blooms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails