Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fragrant Scents Around the Home


Providing fragrant scents is one of the perks of managing a home.

Everyone is different, of course, and uses a variety of ways in which to keep things smelling nicely.

Around here, many different ways are used to keep things fragrant.


 A small pan of water warmed on a low temperature on the stove,  sprinkled with cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and orange peels, fills the entire bottom floor of the house with nice fragrance.

The downside of this method is that it's easy to forget about the liquid bubbling away on the stove and then, voila!, a burned smell can be detected so be watchful, if you use this way of adding scent.

Another nice way I've discovered is the wall scent diffusing unit made by Yankee Candle Company.  

One of my sisters gave me the little bird cage and the liquid scent comes in a small bottle that snaps inside.  Then it's plugged into the wall.

 So far I have used an apple scent and a kind of evergreen. Both have been delightful.

 Scented candles are my fave since there are so many wonderful smelling candles one can use.

My faves are Yankee in dozens of scents as well as Village candles, from Vermont.

While shopping in the dining room hutch the other day, I came up with a very pretty crystal candle holder as well as a mirrored stand for it to be placed upon.

 It's been making the kitchen smell wonderful ever since with a burning orange cinnamon candle on top.

WHAT DO YOU USE TO ADD NICE SCENT TO YOUR SPACE?

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I like incense which I often bought when we traveled but so far haven't found a place to buy any here. Otherwise, I do burn candles just about every day. Some friends have said they always know they are at the right place when they come to visit because of the strong cinnamon smell wafting down the stairwell. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Your candle holder fits perfectly on the mirrored stand. And an orange cinnamon candle burning is the best scent of all. I love the scent of cinnamon. When you mentioned the Village Candles from Vermont, I thought to myself how nice it would be to browse in that shop and buy a candle. Yankee candles are nice too. There is an antique/home shop up here that has a space for candles. Your post has inspired me to visit sometime and see if they have any new ones. I like your idea of warming up a pan up water on the stove with spices and orange peels also. Sounds like a wonderful smell when coming in the kitchen. But you're right, it might be easy to forget, but maybe you can do that when you are cooking in the kitchen and stay in there for awhile. It's so nice to see all the different things you have around your house, Susan.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I have several Yankee candles that I hardly ever use. I lit some on this past holiday and my daughter made me blow them out. She said she was allergic to smells...Oh dear. I am leery of lighting candles due to the fact they can cause fires. Enjoy your many smells around your house.

Write from the Heart said...

These are adorable! I love Yankee candle scents.

Related Posts with Thumbnails