Saturday, April 30, 2022

Pansy Time!



The pansies are back, just in time for spring!

So where is spring?  Right now, the cold air outside feels snappy  and a chilly wind is tossing the trees around. 


 Only a bright sun shining through the chill gives hope of spring weather arriving.

Still, pansies are out all over at gardening centers.


 It was with great joy and hope that a friend and I set out this week to find some we liked.

The second place was it.

There was a huge variety and every pansy we looked at we loved.


 The challenge was selecting the ones we wanted.  

I picked deep cranberry colored ones, plus periwinkle blue, and a kind of pinkish with deep purple in the middle.

It was so chilly last night, that it was impossible to leave the little sweethearts outside, so they are perched in a box on the kitchen counter. 

Upon entering the kitchen, I bid them "Good morning!"


 I don't know when there will be time to put them in the three planters out in front of the house.


But meanwhile, the pansies are smiling like a room full of kindergartners and bringing lots of joy to my heart.

WHAT COLOR PANSIES ARE YOUR FAVES?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Periwinkle blue

Linda O'Connell said...

Pansys bring me great joy. They are so vibrant.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your pansies are so pretty. I love that second photo with the tea pot. Purple is my favorite. Wonderful photos, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails