Friday, July 8, 2022

Dresser Top Tidbits

No matter how hard I try to keep dresser tops clear of "clutter,"  certain items end up there.

This morning I was looking at some of them.

While it is a great goal to choose to be happy, it's not always possible. Some days (or months) are just plain hard.

 I like the written reminder, shown below.  It's true, too, and I never forget what has made me cry.

In some piece of self-help suggestions, I read it was helpful to find a childhood photo of one's self and study it. 

 I did just that and hey, the expression on my face looks happy. That was a relief.

The frame is from a country my late hubs and I lived in, El Salvador, in Central America.


How about you?  Are you a clear dresser fan or do you have stuff on yours?

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very cute picture of you as a child and happy. I only have my jewelry case and photos on my dressers. I keep them rather scarce so I don't have to remove much to clean. I also have lovely dresser scarves that are lace and ancient, but I love them.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love both of these quotes, Susan. And that picture of you when you were little is darling. The bright colorful frame from El Salvador is perfect for a child's photo. You know, when I moved into this small house, my dresser was too big for my bedroom, so I gave it to my neighbor. Now, I have to get a smaller one. But when I do have dressers, they usually aren't cluttered, just hold a few treasures that mean a lot to me. I'd love to see your dresser sometimes, you have so many lovely things.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails