Saturday, November 19, 2022

Thinking of Others at Thanksgiving

It's always good to think of others but it's especially important at Thanksgiving.

So many people in our lives bless us in many different ways.

Sometimes we remember to acknowledge them but other times, we kind of forget.

Greeting cards are one way to remember people we care about.

To me, the extra effort they take to make out is worth it.

My time and attention to write a simple little note inside the card is thoughtful and often appreciated by the recipient.

Receiving cards is equally wonderful. The problem is, it's hard to throw them away and there are, uhhhh, hundreds of greeting cards stored in shopping bags, boxes, and plastic bins.

This became rather problematic during moving but still it was possible to retain quite a few cards.

So today, think of ways you can remember those people who have touched your life in a special way.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO REMEMBER OTHERS?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Greeting cards are sweet to get, and I love it when I receive one in the mail. It seems people don't send cards any more, and I really miss it. They are thoughtful, like you said, and often brings great joy to the ones receiving them. I like your Thanksgiving cards on here, Susan. I had so many of them throughout the years, but with the moves, I had to part with some of them. You know, I still have the card with the red rose you sent me awhile back. I cherish it. : )

~Sheri

Terra said...

Oh girl, I do love to give and receive cards in the mail. Like you said, it is hard to weed them out, I keep a big supply displayed on top of my TV. They are pretty, sometimes funny and very meaningful. I even have some cards from my dad and aunt who died years ago. So I will continue to send out cards all year!

agatek said...

These cards are lovely.

Linda O'Connell said...

I have every greeting card I've ever received since I was 18. The signatures and personal notations are heart touching since some of these folks have passed on. The cards are so pretty and ornate, also.

diane stetson said...

I always send cards out for Thanksgiving and Christmas as I am far away from many family members. I love getting them back too. I sent out my Thanksgiving cards last week. I do not save cards though more than a year after I get them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails