Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tiny Turquoise Cross

  

This tiny turquoise cross is less than one inch tall.

It would look so lovely on a very thin gold chain. 

That's my plan for it anyway.

I always associate turquoise with silver, like in Southwestern jewelry, but the tiny loop at the top of the cross is gold so a silver chain might not match.

Sometimes what we plan in life turns out far differently than what actually happens.

 We switch our expectations a bit, no matter how much we had our hearts set on something else.

It's a hard thing to do but we can learn to live with a new reality, can't we?

Often, listening to the opinions of others helps us. 

For instance, which color chain do you think would look best with the little turquoise heart, gold or silver?

In any event, the cross is delicate and petite, and would probably look okay with either gold colored or silver.

In the general scheme of things, with so many challenges and problems in the world, the dilemma of selecting chain for a tiny cross seems rather insignificant.

HOW DO YOU ADJUST TO UNEXPECTED CHANGES IN YOUR OWN LIFE? CAN YOU SHARE?

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm a fan of silver -- but think mixing metals is perfectly fine, too. I'm learned to mostly go with the flow these days since nothing is ever guaranteed.

Linda O'Connell said...

I think silver, but I mix, too. That is aprecious reminder to be ever grateful.

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, since it has a gold hoop, I would choose a gold chain. Gold and Blue is very pretty, and reminds me of Royalty. Beautiful words about unexpected changes, Susan. I don't wear necklaces any more, but I do have a few Crosses that are without chains, just like this. This one is really pretty.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails