Wednesday, September 20, 2023

A Healthy Treat...


 

When a guest or guests are coming over, why not prepare a healthy snack?

Fresh green grapes, fat red strawberries, and little chunks of luscious Vermont cheddar cheese make a nice tray.

That is what was prepared for a dear cousin.

Since there had been no time to bake something, a package of Scottish shortbread sufficed.  


It was truly a delicious sweet treat with coffee but the company was best of all!

It's important to find time to be with friends and family we love.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO SERVE WHEN SOMEONE COMES TO VISIT YOU?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Ha ha ha. I also served green grapes this past Sunday when I friend came over. I did bake brownies though as well.

Red Rose Alley said...

The Scottish shortbread is a wonderful treat to serve with coffee. That's what I had for my brother-in-law when he visited from Seattle. Your tray of snacks are delicious and healthy. I'd love to try some of that Vermont cheddar cheese. It's nice that your cousin came to visit, Susan.

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My husband always wants to run out and buy sweets like small cakes even when I do make something. It is nice to have easy items on hand to serve at a moment's notice. Fresh fruit is refreshing during the summer. Hope you are well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails