Sunday, September 24, 2023

A Heart-touching Message

 

 

Sometimes the fewest words have the greatest impact on our hearts and minds.

That happened when I opened the gift of a small round plate with gold letters that read, "You are So Loved."

The little plate, sprinkled with flowers in red as well as green stems and leaves, was a gift from my daughter and three local grandchildren.

Naturally, the message touched my heart in a very profound way.

One realization that came out of the experience was how it felt to love my family and how they felt about me. 

That is pretty powerful stuff.

The little plate had been packed in bubble wrap and stuffed into a moving box nine months ago.

So when the small plate with the big message was found again after nine months in storage, it turned out to be thrilling. 

Knowing how much I love, so deeply, all of my children and their significant others as well,  and all five of my grandchildren, brings me comfort.

The way we love our kids is also the way our Father God loves us!  We are, after all, His children.

So go through this Sunday, knowing you are so loved by the Father in heaven. 

That will, without a doubt, be helpful to know what a treasure you are.


3 comments:

Terra said...

What a sweet message you have on the plate from your daughter and grandkids. Yes, God loves us too, isn't it wonderful?

diane stetson said...

Great message. I hope you have a very loving Sunday. I know we are loved by our creator and it is very comforting.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift your daughter gave you, Susan. I really like that, and I'm glad you found it after all this time in the storage boxes. I love those little stands that we can put our special plates on. I have a couple of them myself. The hearts on the plate are so pretty, and the gold words are a special message, indeed. Yes, our Father has a greater love for us than we have for our own children. It's hard to put into words, but we feel it, don't we?

You are so loved by this blog friend too, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails