Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Sip of Yumminess

 


The other night, while watching a movie, a strong hankering came for hot chocolate.

Thankfully, a box of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa was crammed into the corner of a tall shelf in the kitchen.

Though old, it was still good. 

 Mixed with milk and a couple tablespoons of sugar, it smelled yummy warming up in a small pan on the stove.

Glory be!  A can of squirt cream, nestled among relish and mayo in the refrigerator door, became the crowning touch.

On top of that, in a floral cup, now filled with hot chocolate, there came a sprinkle of cinnamon. 

Delicious!

 

DO YOU EVER HAVE A HANKERING FOR A SPECIAL TREAT? CAN YOU TELL US WHAT IT IS?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you had all the ingredients to make yourself a wonderful cup of hot chocolate. I used to make the chocolate cake from the Hershey's cocoa container years ago. Best cake ever. The whipped cream adds a special touch. Looks so good, Susan, and I love that Pioneer Woman cup you are enjoying it from. I had hot chocolate the other day too. It was the Swiss Miss Peppermint blend. ; )

Have a peaceful weekend, Susan.

~Sheri

Gloria said...

I am more into savory than sweet and I can't drink milk. However that cup of cocoa looks delicious and I am sure putting it into a lovely cup made it taste twice as good!

diane stetson said...

I love hot chocolate especially on a cold evening. I like it with whipped cream too. Looks delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails