Thursday, November 30, 2023

Breakfast in the Christmas Season

 


  If going out to a restaurant for breakfast seems too expensive, or your schedule is too busy to do that, why not prepare a pretty holiday table for yourself at home?

Some people would say it is ridiculous to set a nice table for one's self but nothing could be farther from the truth.

 

It's important to treat one's self with dignity and love.

A high school girlfriend, Patti, gifted me with the Johnson Brothers Christmas tree plates.

She knew they were among my favorites.

Patti has now gone to the other side of life but her dishes to me still add to my happiness every Christmas. 

(And I still dearly miss Patti.)

The mini ceramic lighted Christmas tree and three candles all add to the festivity of eating oatmeal with cinnamon, pecans, and raisins and drinking coffee for breakfast.

We have all heard that it's the little things in life that bring smiles to our faces and that's true, especially during the Christmas season.

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Well I do not own any Christmas dishes and never have had any. Your place setting is beautiful. I usually eat off of paper plates. Ha ha ha.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, we are so alike, you and me.....your tree plates, the candles, that green ceramic Christmas tree, and oatmeal with raisins and pecans. All the things I love. And I think I mentioned to you I had the same exact tree that was all white with red lights that my aunt made. I regret having parted with it. Your little tree is so cute. How nice that you set a holiday table just for you, what a great idea.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails