Saturday, December 2, 2023

First Card of the Season

 


It's so much fun to get "real" mail!

Usually it's bills and advertisements that grace the mailbox.

Ahhhhh, but when December rolls around, we have Christmas cards to look forward to.

It's especially great to hear from friends and family members that, perhaps, we don't see frequently. 

Christmas cards help us to catch up on what's happening in their lives.

Guess what?

My very first Christmas card arrived on the last day of November. 

A very dear friend, Marilyn, sent it.   

It immediately made me smile and then look forward to the mail person's visits coming up in December.

2 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

And what a pretty card to find in your mailbox. I do love December for the sweet mail that comes from near and far.

I am about to start writing my cards out. I love this task, it's one I look forward to each year.

Wishing you a beautiful day, Susan.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love to receive Christmas cards, but unfortunately I don't get as many as I used to, as people just don't send them out that much any more. And it's been three years since I sent them out myself, as there are no copy places up here, and I always include a picture. So, I've been sending them every year through e-mail. I must get back to sending Christmas cards out in the mail. I hope you have a lovely visit with your friend, Susan. How nice that she sent you a card. I received a card a few years ago from my cousin, and it's so pretty I put it out every year. It's the Three Wise Men. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails