Sunday, February 11, 2024

Keeping Track of Time

One of the biggest mistakes humans make is to think we have time to do lots of things we want to do.

In reality, life goes by very quickly. 

Time runs out, whether we want it to or not.

It's better to make use of every moment we are gifted.

For each day we wake up in the morning is, indeed, a gift. 

The clock with the glass cover, shown at the top of this post, is one of my favorite decorations.

It has made the cut in all of the moves that have been made.

It chimes on the hour and the half hour and is quite delightful.

At night, after falling asleep, one does not hear the chimes at all.

At this late stage of life, one is very cognizant of the concept of time.

Today, and whatever days are to come, it is important to continue to appreciate every moment of life that is given.

One way of doing this is to live in the moment, which one can strive very hard to do.

WHAT HELPS YOU BE ABLE TO LIVE IN THE MOMENT?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

The love of friends and family help me to live in the moment each day. When I am alone I cherish the quiet times too.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I believe we pick up the idea in our youth that we have lots of time... after all, we're young and we've got decades ahead of us, there's no hurry, there's lots of time. Inside, we always feel young, don't we? And I think God has planted eternity in our hearts (so we have this sense of 'forever').

Of course, as we physically age we see just how quickly our mortal lives pass by. And one day we have to face that our time is running out, come to terms that there are fewer days in front of us than are behind us.

So learning to live in the moment, savour the experiences, take one day at a time and pay attention to the day we're in. So, when I'm sipping coffee, I try to relax and not start planning for when I get up, to stay in the moment and savour my sips.

Thanks, Susan, for giving us something to ponder on this grey Monday morning. Hope you have a beautiful week ahead. Brenda xo

Anonymous said...

I always love your posts. I totally agree that God has planted eternity in our hearts. Mortal life grows shorter, but the best is yet to come! Beautiful clock! I have one like it that I bought back in the 1980's. I used to see them on the pages of Colonial Homes Magazine and Traditional Home. I had to revamp my home office for remote work recently, but I made sure the clock still has a place among the computers and printers. I still love the traditional style. Linda in AZ.

Red Rose Alley said...

A very special message, Susan, thank you.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails