Saturday, February 10, 2024

Silver Earrings Restored with No Cost

 

 

The pair of lovely silver and turquoise earrings, purchased many years ago in a Mexican border town, became deeply tarnished.

Bummer. They matched perfectly with an outfit I wanted to wear.

 News flash!  Remembering an article about tarnished earrings and toothpaste, I grabbed them and marched into the bathroom.

Out came a little tube of toothpaste given to me by a dentist.  

A dime-sized amount of paste went onto a square piece of paper towel.

 Vigorous rubbing with the paste went into the surfaces of both sides.

Then came rinsing the earrings under the faucet and drying them off.

 Tah dah!  A couple minutes later, except for a couple of permanent age spots, the earrings looked as new as the day I bought them so long ago!

HAVE YOU TRIED CLEANING JEWELRY WITH TOOTHPASTE? 

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

I am definitely going to try that. Sounds really good.

Red Rose Alley said...

That's a clever idea, Susan. Those earrings are really cute, and I love things that we bring home from the different places we visit. Glad they look just like new again.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails