Sunday, April 7, 2024

Message in the Sun

 


On a recent day in April, worrisome thoughts about the future swirled in my head. 

There were too many problems raising their ugly heads to have peace.

The damaging "what if" thinking threatened to take over all thoughts.

It was not a good place to be.

The late afternoon sun began to stream into the apartment.

Glancing toward the kitchen, a favorite message, given to me several years ago, by a niece, caught my attention.

The painted canvas with the message looked like it was illuminated as the golden sun streamed onto it.

It was a quiet answer to the problems plaguing my mind. 

Reading it reminded me who is in charge of each life and all happenings in it.

The rest of the afternoon passed in perfect peace as the message resonated clearly in both mind and heart.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE FEELING ANXIOUS AND WORRIED? 

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, what beautiful words you saw when the sun was shining down on them in your home. And they come at a good time for me to read this morning as well. Getting older, we have concerns and things that we keep deep inside our hearts, and these words are wonderful to hear. It is my favorite Bible verse, and the words come to me when I need to hear them the most. Thank you, dear one, for being You.

To answer your question....I do what you do....when something comes my way and uplifts me, I think about it, appreciate it, and am thankful for the peace that was given to me just at that moment. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

When feeling anxious I pray and I let go and let GOD.

Related Posts with Thumbnails