Monday, November 9, 2009

One, Two, Three, Splash!



Exercise.

Do you love it or hate it?

Sad to say, most of my life I've hated it. Call me a lazy lout or a mega-procrastinator if you want, but the thought of getting an exercise regime going has always given me the "willies."

My gorgeous, state-of-the-art treadmill is referred to as my "dreadmill."

However, as luck would have it, swimming appeals. About three months ago, I signed up for lap swimming and water aerobics at a local, public indoor pool. Three to four times a week, I do an hour of laps plus free-style pool exercises like "scissors" and hundreds of knee lifts. Then comes the aqua aerobics class. Some days I do just one hour in the pool and other days, two hours.

Conclusion: swimming makes me feel GREAT. While it doesn't make a person lose weight, like heavy duty aerobics, it does shape the body and tone things up. This kind of exercise routine I can keep up.

It's enjoyable and energizing. Splish splash splish splash! Hurray! Finally found an exercise I love!

1 comment:

diane stetson said...

I just love aqua aerobics too. It's my favorite type of exercise but since I can't do it during the work year I only do it in the summer for about three months. I do the treadmill and two mile walk which is fun too. Exercise is important for mind, body and spirit..keep it up Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails