Saturday, December 12, 2009

Heavenly Decorations


At a flea market in Phoenix, Arizona, I found a tiny angel that made me gasp with delight. A white and wispy figure, wings and all, she was frozen inside a small glass block. Holding it up to the light, the little angel figure measured less than an inch high. Mesmerized, I bought her on the spot.
Today, she sits on a shelf with a variety of other angels. One wears a crystal dress. A green glass angel toots on a golden trumpet. Two "sisters", dressed in sparkling pink outfits, keep company with a blond angel handcrafted and given to me by a teenage mother. A whole legion of angels give a heavenly presence to the Christmas decor in our home.






The little lovely ladies, down below, are also part of the angel shelf. Their pink outfits, covered with glitter, sparkle like tiny stars!








3 comments:

diane stetson said...

"Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing
o'er the plains"...tis the season..Hello all you sweet angels..watch over our family this Christmas and intercede to God for us all!

Gypsy Purple said...

Lovely decorations...I just LOVE decorating for the holidays...thanx for your nice comment on my blog..Gypsy

Anonymous said...

I am reading a wonderful book on angels from Guideposts...angels always make me feel so safe. I have a tendency to collect things but I get board so I change my collections from time to time. Angels are my current facination, as due to my husband's recent passing, I spend so much time alone. Angels make me feel a special connection to God. I have always loved a picture which I recently came across again of two little children walking along and a large angel behind them,,,I showed it to my grandbabies who are old enough to grasp the meaning of their having a "guardian" angel. Thanks for sharing a subject that has been on my mind and in my heart for a while now.xoxoxoxoxoxoxobb(There..I feel better to have checked my spelling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails