Friday, January 8, 2010

Paintings In The Desert

The late Ted DeGrazia, a talented multi-media artist, created many of his works of art at his DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun in Tucson, Arizona.

It's a fascinating place to visit and when we lived in Tucson, we always took guests there. There are many of his paintings and sculptures on view. Every time we visited the gallery, I'd buy a magnet with his charming depictions of Indian and Mexican children. The little images of adorable children in colorful garb are like miniature paintings hanging on our refrigerator.

The studio, itself, has some memorable attractions such as doors that once belonged to an underground mine; a giant iron spider web; marbles embedded in the floors; and fountains and statues in the desert garden courtyard. There's an open air chapel on the grounds, too,with candles on an altar and everywhere there are Ted DeGrazia's works of art!


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

After your post, I think I could pick out a DeGrazia out of a group of pictures. His style is unique.

And your orange purse WOULD brighten my gray day! Actually, it reminded me of a purse I have that would go well with this outfit. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll carry it to Borders.

diane stetson said...

I used to have a magnet from his studio too Susan but over the years it has disappeared. I like his style too and Mom loved it. xo

Karen Lange said...

Hi Susan,
Just wanted to let you know that you won The One Day Way book giveaway on my blog karenelange.blogspot.com!

You didn't leave an email with your comment, and when I tried to email through your profile it was returned as undeliverable. Contact me asap at karenelange(at)gmail(dot)com with your mailing address. Otherwise I have to choose another winner, and I don't want to do that! :)

Congrats and blessings,
Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails