Saturday, June 5, 2010

Walk in Beauty Near Natural Lake




Just as I began a brisk walk near a favorite lake, the sun started to hide and the wind picked up.

      "Oh no," I cried. "Don't tell me it's going to rain."  Undaunted, I continued to walk with a friend. If anything, the threat of getting poured on made us pick up the pace.



Then, I stopped in my tracks on the pathway. The lake, to our left,  looked absolutely gorgeous. The sun shot down rays of light from the clouds, taking my breath away.

Then, dazzling even more, the sun made our eyes squint with its brilliance. Instead of getting wet with rain, we because immersed in sunlight! The light sprinkled itself on the water, illuminating it like a million sparkling lights!



I stood looking at the beauty of it all and felt tears filling my eyes.  How amazing this world is, if we just stop and pause for a few moments in our busy lives.

It was almost as if the sky performed a magic show on our behalf.
The formation of the clouds above the silhouetted hills could not have been more picturesque.

All the worry and preoccupation that had been part of my thoughts seemed to dissipate as I watched the unfolding of such incredible beauty, right before my very eyes.

The walk was great but viewing the majesty of the Creator was even better!


DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE PLACE TO WALK?  WHAT WONDERS HAVE YOU COME ACROSS?

11 comments:

Debbie said...

We take for granted the gift of working eyes. The sun sparkling off the lake is a blessing for me too. Your photos gave me goosebumps. Beautiful.
Have a good Saturday.
Debbie@houseatthelake
xxxooo

The Old Parsonage said...

Hey Susan

You are absolutely right - our Creator is amazing!
Leann

Karen Lange said...

This is gorgeous! What a treat it must be to have this so close to your home. I loved the scenery when we went out to WY 5 years ago. I would love to return:) Have a wonderful weekend!

diane stetson said...

Gorgeous pictures Susan. Keep up the walking and picture taking. xo

My Dream Canvas said...

Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! Beautiful pictures! My favorite place to walk (that's near my home) is the trail I wrote about recently on my blog. Where ever I am, on vacation, or just out of town, I always find a lovely place to walk. And I DO notice all the beauty around me, whether I'm walking or driving my car, or just sitting outside!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Susan: Yes, I did see your beautiful cup. I just love the large roses. I read your blog at least 2 times a week. I have to keep track of my dear friend. Have a great weekend. Don't forget to sign up with Mr. Linky! I have to see your treasures this week. Blessings, Martha

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Spectacular photos, Susan! Lovely post!

Susan said...

Hi Girls! Loved your visits and comments. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. Come back tomorrow? I'd love it! Sincerely, Susan

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Susan that is so lovely! I love walking near water and we have a state park near us and there is this wonderful river. I need to make another visit and take my camera. Just gets so hot so fast right now.

A New England Life said...

If there's one thing photography has taught me it's to appreciate moments just like that. What a beautiful scene.

Related Posts with Thumbnails