Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trip to the Zoo

(Click on photos to enlarge)


A zoo that has a wide variety of animals  makes a great day trip for both children and adults.

There's always so much to see and do. At  Forest Park Zoo in Springfield, Massachusetts, one can ride a zoo train, feed crackers to some of the animals, watch goats butt heads, see exotic creatures, and share a sidewalk with a mama peacock and her fast walking babies.

Look at this gigantic tortoise. Glad he couldn't nip an ankle, thanks to the fence for protection.




Here's Mama peacock with some of her sweet little ones. Also, here's the Papa, who is proud as a, well,  peacock.





Check out this fish.  Talk about living in a fish bowl:




Started singing "Bah Bah Black Sheep" when this sweet fellow showed his hay-covered face.






Here's a miniature horse and an albino python. It looks like the horse is getting ready to have a snack but they are actually entirely separate  photographs.





Creatures of the southwest:



Felt sad for the monkeys. They should be swinging from trees in a jungle somewhere, instead of living in a cage.


Camel head:





Llama heads:




Goat head:











The best smile of the day came from this camel. Wouldn't a toothpaste manufacturer have a field day with him?







                                                                The End

DO YOU LIKE GOING TO THE ZOO?

P.S.  Did you happen to notice there's a fairly new Writing Straight from the Heart blog button on the sidebar?  Thankfully, this non-techie blogger had help putting that on. (After lots of tears of frustration, I might add.)

 If anyone puts it on their blog, could you let me know?  It would be such an honor. Thanks! Love, Susan

10 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Susan

What a fun time and the photos are terrific! Love the camel shot and the one one with all you faces peeping out.

Enjoy your week!
Leann

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the Zoo and haven't been in a long time!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a fun time. The zoo was always on our list of places to see when the kids were little but they just don't seem as interested now. It's hard to keep them entertained so I don't even try. We've run around enough this summer, that's for sure. And yes, it is time to go home. In fact, the kids have been counting down the days for quite a while. Not sure what next summer holds as Yusef will be 15-1/2 then and he already just wants to hang with his friends. I don't blame him. Friends do become so very important to us.

As do our pets. I am sure Jingles wonders once again why we've abandoned her for so long. My husband doesn't pet her much when we are around, but I think he gives in to her snuggling ways when we aren't around. :) So sorry to hear of your friends loss. That's a lot to deal with in a very short time.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week. Tammy

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan,
St. Louis has a world class zoo in Forest Park where the 1904 World's Fair was held. For a moment I thought you were in town. I have spent many a day at the zoo. Looks like you had fun.

Susan said...

That's funny, Linda. Another Forest Park! There are probably hundreds of them. Glad you stopped by.

Thanks to everyone who stops by and comments, too. Enjoy having each of you come to my blog! Love, Susan

Karen Lange said...

What a fun trip! The zoo is fun to visit, especially with my grandson and nieces and nephews. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Karen :)

diane stetson said...

One of the best zoos in the world is the San Diego Zoo not very far from my home at all. I have been there many times with my own children..even took a train ride there once..and now I'm looking forward to going with my grandsons who have an annual membership to the LA Zoo. I've been with them to the LA Zoo at least three times already. They LOVE the lions and giraffe. Fun times!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the zoo have to admit the Atlanta zoo leaves a bit to be desired.

The camel could use the dentist my GS said.

And when he saw the python - he said, "Cool."

He enjoyed the visit with me.

Love,
sandie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, really fun post! I love the first photo! hope you frame it and remember all those sweet faces and the good time together!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Susan: It looks like you have had a wonderful time. I want to invite you to stay at my home any time you are in my area. It would be so much fun to spend some time with you. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Related Posts with Thumbnails