Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Gifts of Mother Nature...




Almost overnight, trees and bushes have burst into bloom.

It's so amazing to see the intense beauty of Mother Nature.  Every morning when I open the front door to retrieve the daily newspaper, there's something amazing to see or hear.

It might be the melodic singing of some unknown bird, hidden away in a sea of new blossoms on a nearby tree.  Or, it could be flowers that were tiny buds yesterday, now bursting into glorious blooms the size of  hands.





Looking up to the sky through a towering pine tree, a beam of brilliant sunlight bursts through, flooding my face with warmth.  Could that be a silent whisper from the One who created all this beauty?

Sometimes, the gift of being alive makes me want to cry tears of joy.

A heart filled with gratitude aches with loveliness.



WHAT IS ONE SURPRISE FROM NATURE THAT  YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED LATELY?

7 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I recognize these feelings. Aren't they invigorating? I love-love-love blossoming trees.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Susan you have captured the feeling perfectly. I love it when my world blooms. I think watching the birds in our backyard has given me great pleasure this year. hugs, Linda

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

When it heats up around here, things start to die off so I have to really seek the beauty around me. I actually walked down the street to capture the blue sky with the palm trees. Just that short trot up the street and back home left me with sweat rolling down. We could not live without a/c. Sadly, there are very few months in the year when we don't use it. I'm off to bed. Goodnite. Tammy

diane stetson said...

My jasmine is blooming, my front yard flowers are in beautiful array and I bought some gorgeous pink and white tulips from TJoe's last night....wonderful!

Debbie said...

What a great post! Don't you just love the way God says, "I love you?"
We have a Robin's nest on the porch light, and the babies are getting ready to fly. It's been such a joy watching them grow.
Debbie

Mariette said...

Dearest Susan,

Indeed, for being able to enoy the miracles of nature in a free country could make us all cry for joy!

Lots of love,

Mariette

Chatty Crone said...

I tell you what - flowers - birds - sunshine - all the paintings of nature make me feel sunshine and happiness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails