Thursday, December 1, 2011

Brown Palace in Denver, Colorado


A dear friend suggested we stop by the Brown Palace in downtown Denver, Colorado, while visiting  and now I know why.



We took a shuttle to the mall area of Denver and walked over to the huge building in which the Brown Palace is located. We pushed open a couple of  heavy doors and found ourselves in the opulent  dining room.

Like a little kid in an extravagant candy shop, with millions of Christmas lights shining like a sea of stars, I stood in utter amazement.

This was elegance at its best. Looking up at the ceiling, made of glass, my eyes kept zooming in toward the gargantuan chandelier in the center of the Palace.



The people sat at set tables, participating in a tea.  Rumor has it that reservations are for the
tea must be made a year in advance!




 Lights decorated everything in sight including a huge Christmas tree in the center of the scene.

 Truly, the Brown Palace takes one's breath away with its fairyland decor.


HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THE BROWN PALACE in DENVER?

P.S. The beautiful Christmas angel on the top right hand side of this blog's sidebar is another creation from the talented hand of Mo from Arizona. Her beautiful blog, Rose Petals from Heaven always has beautiful images and messages so check it out. Thank you, Mo!


10 comments:

Bookie said...

Such a beautiful, beautiful place. Never been.I nearly drove hubby over the edge year's ago when I pushed to face Dever traffic just to pass by the Molly Brown house!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I've never been to Colorado but maybe one day!

diane stetson said...

Never...you sure had great sunny weather Susan. Loved the pics too.

BECKY said...

Beautiful! I've been to Colorado, but never Denver. I'm so envious of your travels, Susan!

mo said...

Nope, but I have now!

Thanks for taking us.

*hugs*

mo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've been to Colorado more than once on family vacations when I was younger. We were always outdoors hiking mountain trails and getting excited about seeing snow as we wound our way up to higher altitudes. :) The Brown Palace looks like a very extravagant place indeed. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - I can see why it is called a palace - looks pretty enough for a king and queen to live there.

So pretty - a great start to our tour of Denver!

HAPPY DECEMBER!

Love, sandie

Terri Tiffany said...

Oh wow. It's beautiful! I spent some time in Denver years ago for a convention but ended up in the ER with high altitude problems so I didn't see much!

Richard Cottrell said...

OMG, those decorations are TDF. I have never seen any more beautiful. Surely would have made Molly, stand up and dance. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Annesphamily said...

I live 20 minutes from downtown Denver. So I drive by the Brown Palace and I agree it is quite elegant.
Denver has a lot of great history.

Your tour is amazing Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails