Friday, December 2, 2011

Come for Tea at the "Unsinkable" Molly Brown House

     (Scone with Devonshire Cream and Strawberry Jam, Served at the Victorian Tea at the Molly Brown
      House in Denver, Colorado.)


The Molly Brown House in Denver, Colorado, has a Victorian tea that includes cucumber dill, mozzarella basil/tomato, and curried chicken sandwiches.



Also on the menu is a variety of sweets such as brownie bites, lemon bars, cinnamon sprinkled apply slices, and cookies. Everything is served in tiny portions, thank heavens.

The most tasty offerings, however, are fresh scones. They are flat as opposed to wedge-shaped.  They come with Devonshire cream which consists of heavy cream mixed with cream cheese, and strawberry jam. 





Volunteers in old-fashioned garb pour a combination of  jasmine and Earl Gray mix of hot tea from shiny silver pots.






Tiny pieces of lemon and sugar cubes are on the tables, too.  Everything is served in glass containers which offer an air of elegance.







A separate post on the Molly Brown House, and the woman behind it,  will be coming up soon, so stay tuned.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A VICTORIAN TEA?

12 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

So you went to a tea house - do you have one where you live? This one in Denver is nice - who did you go with?

And yes - we have a couple of them here - and we have gone - a few times - I love it and the food is awesome!

Love, sandie

Lady Linda said...

I love to go to tea! Thanks for sharing...what fun.
Linda

Christa said...

Hi, Susan. You posted a comment on my blog back in May and I saw it tonight. Signed on for the first time since then! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I know how important it is to be at home with my children, and it's hitting home even more now because my oldest graduates high school in May. My baby is only 8, though, so there's still hope!

I enjoyed your post...I've always wanted to go to a tea room, just never have. Those scones look so good with the cream and jam on top!

Blessings,
Christa

diane stetson said...

I went to a tea in Tucson, Arizona way back when and I also went to one in Ireland when I was there...scones were so delicious and I LOVE tea. Did you partake or just take photos?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That sounds and looks delightful. Who needs to wait on a year long waiting list for tea when you can visit a quaint and cozy tea room like this? :) I've been to a lovely little tea shop with my aunt and cousin in Michigan where we were able to wear Victorian hats and scarves while sipping and eating delectable savories and sweets. Sadly, it has since closed down. :( I look forward to your post on the Molly Brown House. Have a great day. Tammy

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan,
Went to a tea house for a bridal shower and it was a delightful experience.

Please drop by today, clikc on the 'site' and leave a comment for me after reading the story. Thank you so much. Comments matter on that site.

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Susan

I never been to a tea (actually prefer coffee) but those scones look so light and fluffy and the creme and jam? Yummm...

Enjoy the season!
Leann

Bookie said...

Susan, I think you know me well enough to KNOW for sure that I would love having been there for tea!!!!!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh that all looks great and yummy! I have been to a tea house and loved it but not a Victorian Tea, now that sounds like fun. hugs, Linda

Karen Lange said...

Suddenly I am very hungry! :) Thanks so much for sharing these delectable photos. I have never been to a Victorian Tea, but would like to go someday.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Karen

Dianne said...

There's a tea house here that serves a high tea. I enjoyed it very much.

Annesphamily said...

There are lots of tea houses around Denver. The Brown Palace has a glamorous one and I am suppose to go with some girlfriends once the weather clears. They are booked into January 2012!

Related Posts with Thumbnails