Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day is On-the-Way


( This photo, plus the ones below of the teddy, cards, and napkins, all depict things that can be bought in Price Chopper, a newly built supermarket in Lenox, MA.)


Today is February 7th-----the first week of the month is now kaput.

Thankfully, I put all of my Valentine's Day cards in the post office box yesterday. 

I LOVE cards, both sending and receiving them.

 It's a passion I inherited from my Mom. You could always count on her to send greetings in the mail for holidays and letters any old time.

Oh, I miss my Mom's special greetings so much.




It's always on my mind to make my own cards but so far, that hasn't happened. Not enough time.

I try to get "bargain" cards, though. Cannot make myself pay $3 or $4 for a card. No way.

Shopping in supermarkets close to Valentine's Day, one can find a lot of gifties for the day of love.

 How about one of  the darling  froggies shown above?

That would certainly break with tradition which might be kind of nice this day of love. 

Or this darling teddy?   Don't you have a soft spot in your heart for teddies?

This one is so doggone cute but has a kind of sad little expression on his face, don't you think?



I try to use a red tablecloth and special napkins every day leading up to the holiday.





 It was thrilling to find this very bright cutwork  tablecloth that has gorgeous lace edging.





Got it in Goodwill in the Albany, New York, area.

It cost  $9.99, more than I usually would pay, but I just loved it.

It lights up the whole kitchen with intense red brilliance!

By the way, if you love flowers, better buy some at the super this week or next. The prices double or triple near the holiday. 

Give them this or next week---way in advance----and save yourself a bundle.



DO YOU SEND CARDS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY? DO YOU LOVE RECEIVING THEM?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - I have about 9 little kidlets I send a card too with a little something inside for every holiday. I have sent them already.
Your photos are awesome as usual. And my daughters birthday is the 15th - have the stores are closed - sold out - old flowers - or too much $$$! lol sandie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I do love to send and receive Valentine cards! I haven't gotten mine out yet...yikes I guess I'm behind. I better get going. hugs, linda

Linda O'Connell said...

Pretty table cloth, I can see why you paid $10, worth it.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so right....flower prices do go up during this time....and I do always like to have a fresh bouquet of whites in my home! I'll pick some up today!

Ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, beautiful post. Happy Valentine's Day ^_^
I like the teddie, so cute :)
Have a great day!

Eva

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh, I love cards too! I am a Nana and love sending cards to the little ones, they love it. You are right about those flower prices doubling or more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails