Friday, June 22, 2012

Flashy and Vibrant Pink Geranium


Flowering plants are among the greatest pleasures of life.


There's such an immense variety that it astounds.

Each flower, in itself, is like a perfect work of art, from the tiniest forget-me-nots to large, splashy hydrangeas.



 Last weekend I drove to a farmer's market. Because grocery shopping had already been done, there was no need to buy any food for the body.


What I wanted was food for the soul----flowers----and there were plenty at the market.


It was hard to decide which flowers to buy. I settled on three kinds of dahlias as some of the gifts for my hubs on Father's Day as well as a snappy electric pink geranium.


 Granted, there were pale pinks and bright reds but the flashy, splashy vibrant pink one drew me right to it.

 That was the one I wanted to grace our front porch.



The geranium is so bright it almost makes one's eyes squint. It's a brilliant neon pink. 

 The lady selling it said it was the mother lode, the plant that made all the other geraniums that were for sale. 

My hubs was pretty happy with the gift of flowers which made me happy, too, because I love to decorate our yard with lots of flowers. (Was that a slightly selfish gift to give? hee hee)

He planted the new dazzler in a big pot near our front porch. 

There she sits in all her shocking pink beauty and it makes me happy when I see her!

 WHAT'S ONE FLOWERING PLANT THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU  HAPPY?

7 comments:

Bookie said...

The pink is gorgeous. This year I have only two red geraniums and one pink rose one...not like me...how did I miss more? It was a early spring here and I have differnet choices this year. Enjoy your pinks.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love anything that flowers! I had he best luck with Zinnias! I'm going to get some new flowers in the coming week! hugs, Linda

middle child said...

So. Geraniums for your husband? Was that like the time my husband bought me 2 rods and reels for fishing?

My happy flowers are my daisies and my hibiscus.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow Susan! I have never, ever seen such brilliant pink geraniums like that before. I had some pretty pale pink ones here, but sadly, it is way too hot for them now so they literally bit the dust. I've seen some folks who have them inside. Do they actually live if you keep them indoors for very long? Hope your weekend is great. Tammy

diane.stetson said...

I have purple, blue and white hydrangias blooming away in my yard. I never did have a green thumb so it is a miracle that they are looking so good. Ha.

Chatty Crone said...

Besides your wonderful flowers - the words food for the soul I thought were so terrific for describing it. sandie

Donna Volkenannt said...

My geraniums are doing nicely this year. I have pots with red and salmon-colored ones. I also like petunias. They remind me of a neighbor when I was a kid. Her flowers were the prettiest on the block.
donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails