Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Atttractive and Stunning Gerbera Daisies Are Feasts for the Eyes


If you could come back to this earthly life as a flower, what kind would you be?


Would you return as the world's most popular flower, the rose?



Or would you be a shy, purple violet?


How about a regal lily or a fancy chrysanthemum?


As for me, I'd like to come back as a Gerbera daisy. 

 These are the colorful "crayons" of the flower world. They come in a huge array of bright, happy colors.




Native to South Africa, these truly jubilant and striking flowers stand for three things, namely, cheerfulness, innocence and purity.



Gerbera daisies are perennials. For those unfamiliar with flower language, that means that once they are planted in the earth, the daisies will last more than two years. 

They'll appear to die in the winter but come back to life the following spring.



Gerbera daisies in a bouquet last a long time. I love that about them, too. 

Gorgeous and long lasting---who can beat that combo?



The ones shown in this post were table centerpieces at a baby shower recently. (More about that in another post.) 

They were sooooo adorable and made people smile automatically.



Each flower appears to have a  little "face,"  different in design and color from one another, but all amazing.

 I like to look at the faces and tell the daisies how pretty they are. 

Hope that doesn't sound too crazy because, after all, they are living creatures, and all living creatures respond positively to love, right?

SO WHAT FLOWER WOULD YOU COME BACK AS?


14 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Gerbera daisies are my daughter, Jill's favorite flower. Your photos are gorgeous!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love Gerber daisies! Not sure what flower I would come back as....but this would be a contender! hugs, Linda

diane.stetson said...

I would come back as a carnation. They last a long time. We have Shasta daisies here and I love those too....I even love regular daisies...so pretty.

Lady Linda said...

Oh Susan, these are just beautiful and so cheerful. I didn't know they'd come back in the spring. I've always pulled mine out at the end of the season...ooops!
I'd probably come back as Lavender...does an herb count? I just love the scent and where it takes my mind.
Thanks for a lovely post.
Linda

Nellie said...

I love peonies, though I'm not too sure about their longevity as cut flowers.

Linda O'Connell said...

beautiful gerbera daisies. They have such happy faces, don't you think?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

They are happy little flowers, aren't they. I'd come back as a colorful wildflower growing on a mountainside. Happy August! :) Tammy

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

Gerbera daisies are one of my faves,but I have so many...an elegant,understated white peony or a gorgeous ,flaming red gladiola?which will it be?:)

Dee said...

As always your flower photo's are stunning.Talking to flowers is healthy for them and for you. I can see you as a Gerba daisy...bright and happy. I think I would be an iris...colorful and strong.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I love daisies. They're so cheery and come in many colors.

Chatty Crone said...

I like sunflowers always looking up. You take the prettiest pictures - do you still have the same camera or a new one? Susan you are a wonderful flower.

Sandie

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, stunning colors. I think I would come back as a rose, as I love roses and their scent.
Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing...found you thrue other follower looking for to visit more...blessings from holland

Ruth Kelly said...

They do have the most intense colors - I love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails