Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oh-OOOOOOO-wahhhhhhh: Elephant in My Bag


Being a Grammie who takes care of a little granddaughter every day, I like to bring over new toys to play with when I go to her house.

 
After all, looking at the same ones day after day gets boring for baby and for Grammie, too.

Well, one of the all time favorites is a little type of Noah's Arc.



You push the animals, like a lion and a birdie and they make sounds.



The toy includes giraffes, too!




The elephant has a sound like "oh-OOOOOO-wahhhhh,"  "oh-OOOOOO-wahhhhh," with the emphasis on the oooooo's.
 
The toy also plays several songs and lights up.  It's a hoot.

The problem is, even when no one turns it on, it continues to make noise. (Lots of noise.)

Coming in from the car the other day, I'm sure the neighbors wondered what the racket was:

"Oh-OOOOOO-wahhhhhh, oh-OOOOO-wahhhhhh." 


If anyone asked about the noises, I was prepared to answer, "Oh, just an elephant in the bag."

"Oh-OOOOOO-wahhh," wailed the elephant and Grammie had a good laugh.

 WHAT IS ONE OF  YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN'S TOY?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a funny toy :)

Susan said...

This would be a great toy for my newest granddaughter!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh I have had so much fun buying toys for Tiger. My lastest thing is cars! He loves them so I bring a book and a car every visit! Then we get on the floor and play cars together!

diane.stetson said...

Toys these days are so interactive..they light up, make sounds, move about etc. nothing like when I was a little girl. I'm sure your grandchild will have a good time with the toy you brought her and so will you.

The Old Parsonage said...

Susan how lucky that you get to play with her everyday!

this reminds me of the soft Noah's ark that the had boys for church only no noise.

Leann

Bookie said...

Very sweet toy...and so lucky you are to be so close to a grand as to see each day!

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

Now she is one lucky girl to have you for a sitter!! This made me chuckle and reminded me of my mom a little...as she loves buying toys for the grandkids. she helps at a thrift store so it's very handy:)

Chatty Crone said...

That is so cute - all kids love animals and animal sounds don't they?

My favorite thing is a puppet that goes with a book - and you can read and use the puppet at the same time.

sandie

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: When my daughters were babies also liked these animal toys with sounds. They enjoyed the colors and sounds. Their favorite toys were also a few stuffed animals. Keep in touch

Journeyin' Lady... said...

That Noah's Ark toy is the absolute cutest. I have no one in that age group to buy for!
Fun blog today-looking at toys!

Nellie said...

Oh, how funny! Our daughters loved something called a "Krackle Head" when they were little. My favorite would have to be anything musical.

Merlesworld said...

They are bright and colourful thats important, well I like my toys that way.
I had a doll called Shinon when I was a small child she was loved to death.
Merle....

Suzan said...

That looks like a fun toy for a young child!! So much to talk about when playing it - the colors the animals, the sounds they make and on and on!! My day will come!

Decadent Housewife said...

LOL!
At present in my "Gamma Bag" there is a badminton birdie, Harry the Dirty Dog, wooden cars, flashlight and a box of organic cereal cookies.

I confess. I remove most of the batteries from the talking toys. Bad Gamma.

Related Posts with Thumbnails