Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Exquisiteness of Life


Sitting at the kitchen table, the late afternoon sun streamed in through the window above the sink.

It bathed a bouquet of stargazer lilies in a vase located in the middle of the table.

I looked up and the sight before me was quite breathtaking.



How incredibly beautiful lilies are, stunning and unique in color and design. Bathed in golden late afternoon sunlight, they became utterly breathtaking.  

Truly, the Creator of the Universe is an amazing artist.

The brief reverie made me realize how precious the little things of life are.

A mere moment in time can be stamped forever in  memory.

Today, on this beautiful Sunday, I wish you a sunbathed stargazer moment to hold close and warm in your heart.

WHAT IS ONE LITTLE THING FROM TODAY THAT AMAZES YOU?

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You know what amazes me - new babies. Their wonderful smell - soft skin - perfection in miniature. Lovely flowers. sandie

Terra said...

The tables at church for our ladies' tea today all arranged differently, creatively, with flowers and different teacup patterns and plates which all aided in creating a community of ladies.

Heirloom treasures said...

The weather we are experiencing at the moment. We can still enjoy being outside amongst nature,even though it's Autumn. Your lilly's do look amazing x

diane.stetson said...

Well I went to super duper concert with Broadway stars singing duets and solos from some of my very favorite shows...What talent. God gives us many kinds of gifts and I sure enjoyed the gift of their singing voices!

La Tea Dah said...

Such a beautiful stargazer!

One thing that inspired me today? I think it was the reflection of sunlight on the river as we walked along its banks today. The sparkles on the water were like diamonds!

marianne said...

Stargazer lilies are one of my favorites also. Besides their beauty, ther fragrance is intoxicating,, isn't it?

Today is my younger son's 32nd birthday and so I am reminiscing about the day he was born; a beautiful spring day, not unlike today. As I gazed out the hospital window at the azure blue sky and the green treetops while holding that tiny, healthy baby in my arms, I thought my heart would burst with happiness and love. I will never forget that moment.

Enjoy this fabulous spring day. And, oh, Happy Cinco De Mayo!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love your point of view and attentiveness to beauty around you :)

Linda O'Connell said...

No sunshione here today, but blessings galore.

Glenda said...

You do have some incredible views in your lovely home, Susan! The one thing that ALWAYS amazes me, and I'm reminded especially on Sundays, is that God, who knows me better than I know myself, still loves me in spite of myself! Without that love, I would be most miserable all the time!

Suzan said...

Lovely lilies!! Mine are just now coming up!!!
What amazes me is the excitement of the kids as we get closer to the end of school --- if they only knew that their teachers are even MORE excited :-}}

Denise said...

I love and cherish those moments, those gorgeous moments with God Himself.He gave you that sweet time with Him,His gift to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails