Monday, October 14, 2013

Fabulous Flea----Market, That Is


The almost perfect fall weather this past weekend--bright sun, blue skies and cool temps---- provided a fabulous opportunity to drive to the nearby state of Vermont.

There's a terrific flea market in Wilmington.



As soon as I saw the familiar white booth tops, my heart started to beat quickly.

One could buy a big bag of various kinds of apples for just $6. 


 Or how about some sunglasses?


 Toy guitars anyone?



This frog hat would keep your head warm when the chillies come this winter.



How about  this doll ? Isn't she pretty?



 These little animated pups pranced around!


 It was difficult, but I came away with only one item-----a heart-shaped paperweight with a pink flower inside, for my collection.

Yeah, the Wilmington Flea Market is definitely something to crow about!


The excursion was full of fun. 

A day trip makes a person happy since it's nice to have a change of scene.

DO YOU LOOK FOR ANYTHING PARTICULAR AT FLEA MARKETS?

12 comments:

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I love flea markets!

diane.stetson said...

The last flea market I went to was with you when you came to California to visit me...ha ha ha.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the Wilmington Flea Market is wonderful. I see many beautiful products. In my town there are not many markets like that. I like watching vintage pieces and dolls. Keep in touch

Barbara Neubeck said...

..how great to have a day out enjoying the Markets....those apples do look delicious...
Hugs and blessings..
Barb xxx

Suzan said...

Flea Markets are the best!! I would be walking away with the apples and that neat rooster!

marianne said...

What a perfect weekend for a flea market, or anything else that was outside for that matter. Quintessential New England, don't you think? I even took a nap outside on the chaise lounge! Just didn't want to be inside and missing the beautiful Autumn weather, which is definitely my favorite.

Flea markets are not really my thing, unless I am really looking for something specific. Too overwhelming for me. Looks like they had tons of things to look at, and being outside was definitely a plus.

Bookie said...

This looks like a fun place to be...apples and sunshine look fantastic!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What fun! I just enjoy the hunt and seeing what treasures I can find!!

Lady Linda said...

Fun and what beautiful weather! Is it chilly too? So sunny it's hard to tell, but I loved that hat. We went to a flea market yesterday too. It's inside but always full of fun stuff. Jim and I use it for resale things but we always find treasures. WIll blog about it later.
Love ya,
Linda

Nellie said...

It has been a very long time since I went to a Flea Market. I would have left this one with a couple of bags of apples!

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Susan
Those apples at the flea market look so yummy! I love your rooster too... take care.

Chatty Crone said...

They had some very unusual things at that flea market. I don't know if I have even been to a real one. Looked like fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails