Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Day, 2014!

          (Photos in this post are of a fountain in Boston Common. The pigeons are Bostonians, too.)


On this first day of a new and hope-filled year, I wish for many gifts to come your way.

First of all, I wish you the gift of LAUGHTER.

Laughter, we are told, is good medicine and makes the heart merry!


Also, may 2014 give you the gift of  CONTENTMENT.

May each of us be content with who we are and what we currently have. Both are enough.

Then, I wish you the gift of GOOD HEALTH.

  Health, truly, is wealth. 

 It's far more valuable than a million pieces of gold.
   
PEACE is the next gift wished for you.



May your heart be free from anger, bitterness, and  "unforgiveness." 

When we give these up----release them forever to the universe--- we can breathe deeply and freely and experience true and lasting peace.

May the gift of CONTINUED FRIENDSHIP be yours, too.

Blogging, as most of us know, is truly a magnificent gift as it brings us dear and faithful friends from every corner of the earth.  

How can anything beat that?

May the heavenly Father, who loves us all, continue to shower you, and your friends and family members, with these  gifts and many more in this precious new year of life!

WHAT IS ONE MORE GIFT YOU YEARN TO BE YOURS IN 2014?

12 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

The gift I am most hoping for in 2014 is to be a gift to others, to give them my full attention when they are speaking to me - not thinking about what I'm going to say next. I want to find more creative ways to be there for others in their need, even when it means getting out of my comfort zone - yikes! It is in giving that we really receive - grace, love, joy. I guess you could sum it all by saying I want to be more Christlike. God bless you all!

Rebecca said...

I gratefully open my heart & mind to receive all those gifts you articulate so well, Susan! And I wish them BACK to you.

Yes, blogging IS a great gift & I am so glad I stumbled into it a few years ago :)

Happy New Year!

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

Beautiful...and likewise to you my friend!

The Old Parsonage said...

Loved what you wrote and what Ruth Ann wrote too. I wish it to everyone in return.

Happy New Year!

Leann

Nellie said...

May 2014 bring you much peace and joy, Susan!

diane.stetson said...

May all your wishes come true in 2014.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: beautiful pictures. My best gift is to have health, work and be a good person. Also able to enjoy my family. Happy New Year. Keep in touch

Merlesworld said...

Life is good and I can not wish for more but every now and again I wish for a bit of excitement of the good kind.
Merle...........

jessanneharrop said...

Love that fountain! and so true! I am thankful for blogging as well! :)

Chatty Crone said...

I love that fountain. I want peace in the family this year. I plan on laughing more too. I am wishing you a wonderful new year. sandie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Happy New Year, Susan! May all of those wishes come true for us all.

Linda O'Connell said...

May you experience the same. Happy New Year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails