Friday, January 24, 2014

Two-layer Rose and Candle Holder!





Do you sometimes buy things you like but don't know how to use them?

For instance, I loved the two layer piece shown in today's post.


It used to be black wrought iron but was painted white, bringing out its nice curves and curly cues.


There are two round glass pieces that fit into the sides of the holder.

To make a centerpiece that can be used for Valentine's Day and beyond, I picked up some very pretty, glittery pink and cream roses at a dollar store.  




Also picked up some sparkly red hearts on long stems.


I snipped the stems and roses, layering both on the plates. 

Added a small red glass holder and votive candle to the top plate.









Voila! Instant prettiness.

Joining Thrifty Things Friday on Diann's blog, The Thrifty Groove.  Co-host is Linda from A La Carte. Why not stop by their blogs and join the fun?


DO YOU LIKE TO USE TABLE CENTERPIECES?

13 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! You did a wonderful job on that! It's just adorable and would cost a pretty penny at certain gift shops. I must confess that I, too, have bought things I just loved, but wasn't sure what I'd do with them. When I have items I'm not sure when or where I'll use them, I put them in my rather large "gifts when needed" box. If I forget about a friend's birthday and need something right away, I can usually choose something right from it! The box contains candles, decorative boxes, S&P shakers, stationery, etc...You just never know what I'll pull out of my magic gift box! :)

Diann said...

Very pretty Susan! Great find. Thank you for sharing with us this week. :)

diane.stetson said...

You have to be "crafty" to do things like that Susan and I'm not...I am sure you will get great use out of it and lots of compliments from your guests.

Linda O'Connell said...

Let's call it, Simply Seconds with Susan... you could start your own business. Items like this cost a lot in our town. Your talents are amazing.

Nellie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Susan! Tables always look nice with centerpieces.

Donna said...

Susan, you are so creative!! Gee, I'm sorry you've been feeling under the weather as well. I hope you're back to 100% in no time! Yes, I am looking forward to spring!... Donna

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love this stand! It is perfect in white and I love the Valentine additions! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

Terri Tiffany said...

You are so talented! I bought one of those awhile ago --the kind you put plates in but never thought to yse it as a centerpiece!

marianne said...

I do like to use centerpieces; they add such a nice touch to a dinner table as well as coffee tables or hall tables.

You did a great job with the pretty white stand. Love the "gilded" roses; very Victorian.

Hope you are feeling better. This frigid weather seems to be hanging on and on. Our puppy doesn't understand why we don't go out for playtime!

Bookie said...

Quite nice! Were the glass shelves already there or did you add those yourself. Pretty for the Valentines.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great purchase. I like your white stand. Keep in touch

Karen Lange said...

This is just lovely. You inspire me with your creativity! Makes me want to start poking around my closets and see what I can come up with. I may just do that this weekend! :)

Have a good weekend,
Karen

Chatty Crone said...

Some people have it - you.
Some people don't - me.
Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails