Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Whimsical Touches Brighten Up the Darkness of Winter


Winter has its drawbacks and one of them is the darkness of long, chilly days.  

Things look kind of bare with all the holiday stuff packed away.



So to brighten things up a bit, I love to put touches of Valentine decor around the house.



Fully aware that Valentine's Day is several weeks away, it's still nice to see splashes of color here and there.  

Of course there must be lots of angels.


Candles are always welcome to give a touch of romance to the atmosphere and surrounded by a rose wreath, the candelight looks even more dreamy.


 Whether it's a sweet lambie pie, like shown at the top of this post,  a shiny red heart-shaped box tilted sideways on the hall table, or a painted metal heart hanging on the kitchen door, little touches make all the difference in the decorating of a home.





WHAT DO YOU DO TO CHEER THINGS UP ON A WINTER'S DAY?

10 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

EAT :)

Susan said...

Your post brightens my day--we got about a 1/2 inch of that white stuff. Stay warm & cozy! XOXO

Ruth Ann said...

Candles, candles, candles! And a fire in the fireplace.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I turn on the fireplace. A warm and heat house. I also read, we keep in touch

diane.stetson said...

No winter where I live..no snow, no freezing temps...we need rain. I do not decorate but your stuff looks lovely!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

We don't have that kind of winter weather. But you know I do like to decorate my home with anything and everything. I keep saying I will get organized so that I can switch things up for the holidays and the seasons, but it hasn't happened yet. One of these days ... :) Best wishes, Tammy

marianne said...

Little touches definitely make a big impact in decorating a home. Pops of color are a great way to thwart the cold, dark months of winter in New England. Candles and flowers are all more special in the grey and cold months of winter. And of course, as Susan Branch says, we must have some "musica"! What better way to spend a cold and windy winter's day than listening to some beautiful music. Keep warm....

The Old Parsonage said...

Love your touches of romance here and there. I love to buy those supermarket flowers - such a pick me up!

Leann

Chatty Crone said...

Well I will tell you the truth - when we lived in Chicago it was much harder. Living in GA with the sun around most of the time helps me.

But I do put some cute things around as well.

Sandie

Dee said...

I visit blogs full of cuteness like yours. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails