Friday, February 28, 2014

Mid-Winter Brunch Temps Gregarious Guests


Brunch is one of life's great splurges.

There's usually a lot of variety so guests can choose which offerings they wish to eat.


                                                 
(Baked Ham (above) and Pineapple Casserole (below) to go with it!)



Once in a great while, however, a brunch offers so many delicious treats, it makes choosing almost impossible.

(Salmon platter with capers, chopped red onions, sliced hard boiled eggs and dip.)


Such was the case at a recent brunch hosted by a dear friend, Christine.

She entertains with flair, that's for sure, and impeccably good taste.

A red ice heart floated on top of the tasty mimosa punch, a  combination of orange juice, gingerale, champagne, vodka and floating orange slices and strawberries!

Talk about adorable and colorful, the punch was also delicious!


No more talking. Just enjoy the photos of Christine's brunch offerings!

 (Chicken with various fillings such as broccoli and mushrooms.)


                                    (Two kinds of quiche.)

 Guests brought a couple of the desserts including the following:


                                              (Cream puffs)


                                             (Butterscotch Trifle)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT A BRUNCH?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had cereal for dinner tonight and I am starving! The butterscotch trifle has my name all over it! Everything looks very tasty. What a feast.

Diana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Susan :) Gave me a chance to stop by and visit you! The brunch looks amazing; I can see why you had such trouble making choices. My favorite brunch food is probably quiche or some sort of egg dish. I make a "Breakfast Pie" for Christmas morning every year and everyone loves it! Blessings, Diana

diane.stetson said...

I would have loved every single dish at that brunch. My favorite brunch dish would be stuffed crepes...and anything with bacon or sausage in it. I LOVE FRENCH crepes.

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

Now this all looks delicious. Makes me feeling all hungry now hehe and it's only 9 a.m. in the morning.
Have a fantastic Friday!

Ruth Ann said...

Hi Susan - I have an egg casserole with sausage and an "Over-night Coffee Cake" that I make for brunches. The blend of sausage, eggs and cinnamon aroma fills the air. I'm drooling! Your friend's brunch looks wonderful. She's very ambitious.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: i am seeing your porposals feeling and makes me hungry. I like to eat chips, croquettes, patty ... We keep in touch

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Oh-my-gracious!!!!!

_How_ did she do this spread??? It is simply amazing. And everything looks delicious.

I especially like the gorgeous punch bowl she made!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmm... Guess this would be my favorite. Because though I probably couldn't eat lots of the marvelous food (because of so many health issues), I could drink the delightful punch!!!!!!!! :-)))))))))))))

Please do tell your hostess that she is amazing!!!

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~

Susan said...

What a delightful time spent with friends, XOXO

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow, I'm drooling over Christine's food! Everything is amazing, your friend is such a hostess! Thank you for your sweet anniversary wishes and isn't it great you're so close to your 40th? Happy and blessed anniversary before hand!
Hugs,
FABBY

Chatty Crone said...

I love cream puffs! I loved the heart of ice! And the heart cookies - that must have been a little tricky - that party looked so nice! sandie

The Old Parsonage said...

Everything in site!! Seriously I do like to nibble at everything, but pour me some of that Mimosa punch please!!!

Sray safe and warm with the storm coming!

xo

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a bountiful brunch! Everything looks so delicious! And beautifully presented!

Rosita Vargas said...

Todo lo servido es mi favorito bien servido e irresistible,saludos y abrazos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails