Monday, June 16, 2014

Alice in Wonderland Dance Show


A presentation of  "Alice in Wonderland" by the Dalton Ballet Studio in Western Masschusetts turned out to be one of the highlights of this past weekend.

My niece's little girl was one  of the butterflies and she did a super job. She also looked like a living doll!


It boggles the mind to think of how many dance students graced the stage of Wahconah Regional High School during the show.

There were so many talented and enthusiastic performers that it was sheer delight to see them!


 I mean, it turned out to be a spectacular evening. 

The costumes, the choreography, the music, the set, the lighting, the music, the enthusiasm of the dancers, everything-----superlative!

Talk about a dazzling evening! 


It  just couldn't have been any better.

Everyone, including the director, did a stellar job preparing this show for the public.



My niece's little girl was one  of the butterflies and she looked so very beautiful! 

Actually, all the little girls were adorable.


My heart was so filled with love her for this dear, precious child.



Every act that came out onto the stage was thrilling.



Honestly, it would be almost impossible to pick a favorite as all the performances were top notch! 




One of my sisters, (one of the little butterfly's Grandma),  said the children have been practicing for this show since last September.



I believe it!  It showed in their presentation of this extravaganza.



Kudos to  Noel Furlong, artistic director, and to all her helpers and, of course, to all the dancers.

What a night!

HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN BALLET LESSONS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES?

10 comments:

Motoristin Mutsi said...

I haven't take any ballet lessons, but both my daughter had, when they were child. They were in modern dance for years and I always admired how much work was put in every show in spring.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: the girl of your niece is lovely. A great dancer. Nice representation. Keep in touch

Linda O'Connell said...

My daughter and granddaughter have taken lessons. I love the tiny tots dances, the costumes, the excitement in the air. This looks like a professional troupe.

Musings, Tea, and Me said...

What a wonderful blog, Susan! Love your photos, which make me wish I'd seen this show myself. Your little butterfly is enchanting...such a sweet face.

I never had ballet, only wished I did. Might have helped with my painful shyness. ;-)

diane.stetson said...

Oh I wish I could have been there. I would have loved to have seen that little butterfly and all the other dancers. Yes, I had ballet, tap, and acrobatic lessons when I was about her age. Loved them!

marianne said...

I love recitals now. When I was a kid my sisters and I took ballet lessons for quite a few years and I was always very nervous before and during the performance. As an adult, I took tap lessons and really enjoyed them, but the recitals still brought "butterflies" in my stomach. Now I just sit back and enjoy the performances.

Looks like the one you attended was fabulous. Your niece's little girl was adorable!

Merlesworld said...

Ballet and dance lessons were a big thing when I was a little girl, everyone did it except me, I was a chubby thing and so like a baby elephant on my feet so my dance teacher told my mum it was a a waste of time teaching me, I thought she was mean.
Merle...............

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How wonderful. And what a little sweetie! Best wishes, Tammy

Red Rose Alley said...

Your niece's little girl is precious, Susan. She looks so darling in her butterfly outfit. The one ballet that I've seen was the Nutcracker, and it is Nel and Jess' favorite, and they go to it every year.

love,
~Sheri

Denise said...

Just wonderful! I love all ballet and wanted so much to be a ballerina but due to a birth defect I was not able to take dance very long before the instructor called My Mom to the side and told Her I couldn't keep up.So sad to tell a tiny girl that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails