Friday, November 28, 2014

Dollhouse Yard Decked for Christmas Season


Now that Thanksgiving is over, we can all look forward to the Christmas holiday season.




Even the dollhouse yard is decked for the upcoming holidays.

If you recall, the yard is new this year. 

 (It's a large bulletin board to which I stapled green grass that came in a roll. For winter, a roll of cotton, purchased at Big Lots, fits over the grass!)


It seems like yesterday that more than 200 autumn leaves covered the green grass.

And now, look!  Snow fell and it's time for Santa.

The little snowman must still be getting used to the c-c-c-old because he doesn't look too smiley.


There's a sweet birdhouse, too. 

We have to keep our featured friends happy, no matter what their size.


This fancy sleigh, (a votive candleholder), is a nice addition to the yard and there's even a tiny Santa among the greenery.

 (Found both the sleigh and big front yard tree in Goodwill Stores!)

This pretty dolly, on the steps, looks like she's waiting for someone special.


Oh my!  He's right behind her on the porch.


If you love dollhouses, stay tuned.  

We will show you the back yard of this dollhouse in another post and then, the inside of the house, in a few posts!


Then, you will get a peek into a completely different, darling dollhouse mansion in the weeks before Christmas.

IF YOU LIKE DOLLHOUSES, WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEM THAT YOU LIKE BEST AND WHY?

18 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Thanks for popping by my snowflake tea post and leaving a nice comment.
I love your dollhouse decorated for winter. Although I don't have one, I do buy miniatures for fairy gardens and give presentations on them. My biggest challenge is to keep everything to scale.

Babs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chatty Crone said...

I like dollhouses because they bring me memories of my mother and aunt - boy did they love dollhouses.

I love the snow on the ground - the snow on the tree and good old Santa!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

How adorable! I love the whimsical feel. Reminds me of youth and the fun of Christmas from sweet innocent eyes. ;)

Sandi said...

Can't wait to see the rest of it!

I was once thisclose to starting a dollhouse hobby when I was in college, but the furniture I found in one of those fancy hobby shops was more expensive than my real furniture so I couldn't justify it! :-)

I love your ideas here, green grass stapled to a board, cotton snow...Great ideas!

Merry merry merry Christmas this year!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your dollhouse is looking so cute!!

Stephanie said...

Your dollhouse is adorable, Susan :) My son and I are going to pull out the Christmas decorations this afternoon - yippee! Hugs to you!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Susan,
OMG!!

How incredibly cute is this???

LOVE it!!

I am slowly getting to return visits so i apologize for not being by sooner....

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Hugs,
Deb

diane.stetson said...

Wonderful job Susan on decorating it for the Christmas season...so so cute. Love it!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: awesome photos of your dollhouse. I love dollhouses because I can decorate every room. It's the real world in miniature. I also have several dollhouses. I really like your Christmas decoration. Keep in touch

Merlesworld said...

I made my daughter a doll house she was never that keen on it, so it still lives in my house, I'm very fond of it.
Merle.......

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan,
Your doll house is all decked out for Christmas. It is really charming. You know, the girls had a doll house when they were little made by their grandpa, and when they were all grown up, I ended up giving it away. I really wish I had kept it now.

It's Christmas time! And I can't wait to see all your Christmas posts, my friend.

love,
~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I see you're in the mood too. It was snowing so much here the last couple of days that we're in a winter wonderland... perfect for bringing out Christmas and dusting it off.

I've posted my giveaway ... I hope you'll enter.

Hugs,
Brenda
xox

Barbara Neubeck said...

... Susan .. I've been looking forward to your Dollhouse Christmas .... I love what you do for each season... but I love the Christmas decorating you do best of all.... excited to see the rest of the house and yard ...
Hugs and Blessings.... Barb xxx

Zaa said...

OMG ..What fun your going to have...I love doll houses.. Can't wait to see the progression...ENJOY ...Hugs

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Susan your Winter/Christmas decorated dollhouse is so cute! Love Santa there on the front porch! How fun!
Happy Saturday!
Gina

Unknown said...

This is so pretty :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Susan,
LOVE IT!!!!

I have yet to decorate Nelson Crest but I will get there.....

Hugs,
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails