Monday, March 23, 2015

Copy Cat (Sort of) Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli



A soup called Pasta e Fagioli at the Olive Garden Restaurant chain is  a yummy concoction of sausage, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and so on. 

When I found a copycat recipe on the Internet, it was a "go" to try.

Sunday afternoon the air outside was chilly but the sun was out. It was a perfect afternoon for making soup.


It turned out quite delicious, too, even though I didn't have thyme, kidney or cannellini beans.


Instead I used just the basil and oregano and garbanzo beans. 



In place of fresh garlic, which regrettably we ran out of,  we used powdered. 

It was an okay substitute but next time we'll have fresh! 

It may not have been a perfect replica of the restaurant's Paste e Fagioli but nonetheless, it turned out tasty .

If you want to try it, just Google "Copy Cat Olive Garden  Pasta e Fagioli".

DO YOU LIKE SOUP? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE?

9 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Looks so yummy! I think the great thing about the soup is that you are able to substitute with great success. Perfect Sunday meal!

Susan said...

My hubby loves this soup--a little overcast today with a chance of rain; maybe a good day for soup! Thanks for the recipe, XOXO

diane.stetson said...

I absolutely love home made soups. My favorite is beet soup but I also love cabbage soup, home made clam chowder and vegetable soup. I've never tried the soup you made over the weekend but I'm sure it warmed your little tummy well in that very cold weather you are still having!

marianne said...

Even tho it's officially Spring in New England, Winter forgot to leave! It was a perfect day to make and eat that yummy looking soup. Enjoying a steamy hot bowl of soup is one of the pleasures of winter, one that would not be the same on a hot 90 degree day.

One of my favorite soups is corn chowder and also my sister's beef soup.
I have had the soup you made at the Olive Garden and will definitely try the recipe sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Rose said...

I love soups and this is one of my favorites.

Kamyria said...

Your soup looks delicious! I'm sure it was just as good as Olive Garden's if not better.

I absolutely love soup and during winter I usually make it often. There is one kind that my family loves the most... I don't have a name for it because I kind of made it up. It's sort of a beef barley with a Polish twist. :)

Annesphamily said...

I think my hubby used these same recipe too! He loves that soup from Olive Garden! Thanks for sharing.

Red Rose Alley said...

ooooo, this soup looks so good, Susan. I really like Olive Garden. Haven't been there in awhile. I'm not much of a soup person, but my husband loves soup during the cold winter months.

Have a beautiful week, my friend. I'm not sure if you got my comment that I put you on our side bar as "lovely blogs." Your blog is such a delight to me.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

That really looks good - I love soup - love that soup - and love the Olive Garden - a win win situation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails