Thursday, April 9, 2015

"Baby" Daffodils Make a Big Impact




Sometimes the surprises we receive make life even more wonderful than it already is.

When the doorbell rang in the middle of a busy afternoon, I wondered who it could be.




It was a dear young mother with her two kids.

They all had smiles on their faces and gifts in their hands.

The young mom told me she received help from me in past years and now it was time to pay it forward.


The very thought of that gesture made my eyes fill with tears and my heart with deep gratitude.



This family does not have a lot of money but they brought a precious "baby" daffodil plant, two garden markers and even a hummingbird feeder!

The lovely "daffodillies" joined yellow tulips given by another friend!



That visit definitely made it into a gratitude journal for that day's entry.



The sweetness of friendship, giving, receiving, and loving  never cease to amaze and to bring meaning to each and every day of life.

WHAT WAS THE LAST SURPRISE YOU HAD?

12 comments:

Sally Wessely said...

Receiving spring bouquets is the best surprise of all.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You remind me that paying it forward and gratitude is so important. How sweet of them to bring you the flowers!
hugs,
Linda

diane.stetson said...

I received beautiful pink roses from my daughter in law this Easter which was a big surprise and they came in a gorgeous vase with a ribbon around them. I also got a lovely Easter Lily from a dear friend. It is very nice to get flowers as I NEVER buy them for myself. Great surprise!

Terra said...

What a precious surprise for you, to be remembered for helping them, and now they brought you gifts.

marianne said...

What a thoughtful gesture from the young family. Must be a nice feeling to know that you made a difference in their lives and that they remember you for it.

I was surprised to get a beautiful bouquet of tulips and a Get Well Soon balloon from my younger son. I had sinus surgery a couple of weeks ago and it sure cheered me up as I was recovering. Thoughtfulness is so appreciated, isn't it?

Your cheery tulips and daffodils are a wonderful antidote to this dreary weather we have been having. But as the saying goes," April showers bring May flowers."

Linda O'Connell said...

What a wonderful surprise. A bit of sunshine indoors.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely! What goes around comes around so best to deliver kindness whenever you can. Yesterday I gave a co-worker a small box of chocolates and a crocheted heart just because, not expecting anything in return ... but when I got to school this morning, I found homemade cookies on my desk. She loves to bake and so shared her gift with me. :) Have a wonderful day. Tammy

Karen Lange said...

What a lovely gift! They are so pretty. My daughter surprised me with some pastel colored tulips the other day. They make me smile every time I look at them. :) Have a great weekend!

Kamyria said...

Oh they are so beautiful, your tulips and the daffodils... so yellow, so sunshine like, so much like spring. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I love those daffodils with the blue bottle - such pretty colors.

Nellie said...

What a lovely surprise! Kindness returned!

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a wonderful and heartwarming surprise, Susan. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails